I Want to Write!
I Want to Write is a FREE two-day poetry writing and performance extravaganza! I Want to Write is held during poetry month in April at Tennessee State University's main campus. It features Poetry Writing and Spoken Word Workshops sponsored by TSU’s English Department, Southern Word, TSU Media & Libraries, Regional Authors, and Soul Fire Poetry Organization. This year's theme: Poetic Arts as Healing! It will feature the following:
- Featured performances from TSU’s Soul Fire Poetry Group and Writers’ Block
- Dramatic Performances
- Film Screening and discussion
- Poetry Readings by Regional Artists
- An Intercollegiate Spoken Word Showcase
- A Poetry Slam Featuring the area’s most talented Youth Spoken Word Artists
- Creative Writing and Performance workshops that explore the theme of mental and physical healing to include emphasis in Language, Form, Hip Hop, Musicality, EcoFeminism, and so much more...
For Questions, contact Dr. Michelle J. Pinkard. In the meantime, checkout festival highlights from the past by watching the video below: